We should always be mature and choose to respect others when speaking to and about them. To Gossip or ridicule others is immature and will bring one consequences they may not want to face. Why can’t we just accept each others as who and what we are, To love each other as brothers and sisters in the same house called earth. To Show courtesy and respect towards others is to show respect to ones own self. Honor not only your own, honor that of all others whom you meet. A person with honor, respect and integrity is a rare but wonderful sight to see.
Look in the mirror and make who you see someone you could love and respect. Look at those around you and see a part of your own self within each and every one of them. We are all much more alike than most people would like to face. One choice or one circumstance is all it takes to make a rich man poor, a lonely man loved and a respected man loathed. One action or circumstance is all it takes to change ones whole life for the better or the worse.
So the homeless man on the corner begging for change could have been me or you if we had made a wrong choice or circumstances had forced us in that direction. I have met a few of them that were quite successful at one time in their life and lost everything due to unforeseen circumstances. Some actually choose to remain homeless, but most would gladly work and move back up if opportunity were to come knocking.
I guess what I am getting to is that we should respect and care about all our fellow humans regardless of their situation and see that we are all basically the same. Well, we all have to choose the path we follow and how we treat each other, so hopefully we all can choose to have compassion and understanding.
Well Enough of my Babbling for now
Peace and Love to All
- Running in the Face of Traditional Solutions (homelessness.change.org)
- Robber Gives Stuff Back To Homeless Victim (huffingtonpost.com)
- Trina Hayes: Surrounded by Addiction: An Opportunity to Open Your Heart to Unconditional Love (huffingtonpost.com)
- Crimes Against the Homeless Are Increasing. Compassion? Not So Much. (homelessness.change.org)
- Hey Homeless Services, First Do No Harm (homelessness.change.org)
- Crisis of ‘hidden homeless’ children comes to light (chron.com)