I often wondered why some people find the misfortunes of others either funny or entertaining. What could drive a person to find enjoyment in such things is beyond my own understanding. I myself could not find any enjoyment or entertainment in the suffering even in my worst enemy. It is cruel minded to find joy or pleasure in the sufferings of others, regardless if they be friend or foe. I guess it boils down to what one defines as just and or justice, If one believes that justice is to see the suffering of the villain or criminal rather than the putting right of which is wrong then maybe that makes it seem ok to find pleasure in the suffering of another.
I believe that the sufferings of others is not to be pleasured in, it is to be abhorred and found a sad or terrible sight. To find pleasure in such things is either madness or a cruel and evil way of thinking. I only hope one day mankind can grow out of such childish thinking and become more compassionate, caring and peaceful.
Peace and Happiness to all
- Matthieu Ricard: Why Pleasure Is Not Happiness (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cynics, Stoics, Epicureans, Neoplatonists, and Mystics (socyberty.com)
- Compassion and Suffering (babypickel.wordpress.com)
- My Perspectivist, Teleological Account Of The Relative Values Of Pleasure And Pain (camelswithhammers.com)
- What is Happiness, and How to be Happy (socyberty.com)
- The Goodly Life (xeniagreekmuslimah.wordpress.com)
- Childish vs. childlike . [Zahir shamsery] (ecademy.com)