Sometimes I just sit here and think about the evil things men have done in the name of God, for love, lust, greed and power. Then there is those that enjoy doing horrible things for pleasure, so much evil that is out there in the great big world. Then when I think there is no hope for us I remember all the great things people have done, the communities pulling together after a disaster, the people who dedicate their life to helping those in need of food, medicine and just a friend to care. Though the bad things we see seem to be more prominent in the world it isn’t so, they are the main things reported on in the media and recorded in history. Seems tragedy is a ratings booster and is good at grabbing someone’s interest more so than the good things that go on.
Unfortunately there are people who do horrible things, this has been a fact of life since the beginning of civilization if not humanity itself. But just the same there are many good people out there that do such wonderful and good things. The balance between the two tips back and forth through time rarely letting one stay prominent for too long. Hopefully one day humanity will mature and become a society that is prominently peaceful and compassionate.
One can dream can’t they? Well peace be with you
- Why is being right more important than doing the right thing? (onelifetimeblog.com)
- for peace to manifest itself (onelifetimeblog.com)
- The Myth of Inherent Goodness (vineoflife.net)
- Fresh Quotes PEACE March (strawberryindigo.wordpress.com)
- Talkin’ About Dreams (speakwithfaith.wordpress.com)
- Helping isn’t enough. (whizwoman.wordpress.com)